If this isn’t an impeachable offense, then what is?!
Before what resulted in the deaths of 13 U.S. servicemen, it’s been reported that top-ranking generals, the Secretary of Defense, and Biden himself knew of an upcoming ISIS-K attack.
The Defense Department warned its leaders of an imminent “mass casualty event” the day before a suicide bomber struck and killed 13 U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.
In a virtual daily briefing on Wednesday morning, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin instructed more than a dozen of the department’s top officials around the world to prepare for such an event, according to classified detailed notes.
Thirteen U.S. soldiers were among 92 people killed during a suicide bombing at the Kabul airport on Thursday night.
During the Pentagon briefing, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley warned of “significant” intelligence indicating that the Islamic State’s Afghanistan affiliate, ISIS-K, was planning a “complex attack.”
Commanders from Kabul on the video conference relayed Milley’s message to U.S. military members at the Abbey Gate, where American citizens had been told to gather in order to gain entrance to the airport.
Although commanders, during a later call, detailed a plan to close Abbey Gate by Thursday afternoon Kabul time, Americans decided to keep open the gate longer to allow British allies to continue evacuating their personnel.
U.S. troops were processing entrants to the airport at Abbey Gate when the suicide bomb attack happened.
The shocking reports were derived from three separate calls and interviews with two anonymous defense officials with direct knowledge of the calls.
The transcript of the conference calls, authenticated by a defense official, clearly showed that top officials were warning of a potential attack, narrowed down to a handful of potential targets, and a 24-48 hour time frame.
These reports have gone viral — and the Department of Defense is not happy.
This is how they responded:
“This story is based on the unlawful disclosure of classified information and internal deliberations of a sensitive nature,” Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby said in a statement.
“As soon as we became aware of the material divulged to the reporter, we engaged the highest levels to prevent the publication of information that would put our troops and our operations at the airport at greater risk.”
“We condemn the unlawful disclosure of classified information and oppose the publication of a story based on it while a dangerous operation is ongoing.”
President Joe Biden and top administration officials previously had warned about the general threat ISIS posed to the airport. The president this weekend said an additional ISIS attack was “highly likely.”
Still, the “highly likely” attack was not enough for Biden or his team of Generals – many of whom are more interested in Critical Race Theory than military victory – to act. As a result, U.S. soldiers and innocent Afghan people tragically lost their lives.
The Biden administration must answer for their crimes.
Author: Sebastian Hayworth