The ideology established and popularized by President Donald Trump is making waves, securing election victories, and creating an entirely new political class absent of stogey, old Republicanism of America’s past.
Not only do America First policies work, but they’re increasingly popular with voters, exemplified by Glen Youngkin’s historic victory in the blue-leaning Virginia.
Youngkin vowed – with Trump’s endorsement – to radically shift the direction of Virginia politics, which have been barreling toward insidious ‘woke’ leftism since Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential victory.
The new Virginia Republican Governor signed 11 executive orders and directives on his first day in office after being sworn-in over the weekend.
“No matter who you voted for, I pledge to be your advocate, your voice, your governor,” Youngkin said at his inauguration speech on Saturday.
Virginia Rep. Governor Glenn Youngkin’s Inauguration!
Make Virginia Great! pic.twitter.com/7s2QvXW3xD
— 🖤⚔️Destiny⚔️🖤 (@RN_Destiny) January 16, 2022
Youngkin immediately went to work in trying to deliver on promises that he made on the campaign trail by signing a slew of executive orders and directives aimed at a variety of issues ranging from cutting regulations to banning critical race theory in schools.
The governor’s office released the following list of executive actions that he signed:
- Executive Order #1 delivers on his Day One promise to restore excellence in education by ending the use of divisive concepts, including Critical Race Theory, in public education.
- Executive Order #2 delivers on his Day One promise to empower Virginia parents in their children’s education and upbringing by allowing parents to make decisions on whether their child wears a mask in school.
- Executive #3 delivers on his Day One promise to restore integrity and confidence in the Parole Board of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Executive Order #4 delivers on his Day One promise to investigate wrongdoing in Loudoun County.
- Executive Order #5 delivers on his Day One promise to make government work for Virginians by creating the Commonwealth Chief Transformation Officer.
- Executive Order #6 delivers on his Day One promise to declare Virginia open for business.
- Executive Order #7 delivers on his Day One promise to combat and prevent human trafficking and provide support to survivors.
- Executive Order#8 delivers on his Day One promise to establish a commission to combat antisemitism.
- Executive Order #9 delivers on his Day One promise to withdraw from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI).
- Executive Directive #1 delivers on his fulfilling his Day One promise to jumpstart our economy by cutting job killing regulations by 25 percent.
- Executive Directive #2 delivers on his fulfilling his Day One promise to restore individual freedoms and personal privacy by rescinding the vaccine mandate for all state employees.
Youngkin’s win in last year’s election marked a turning point in Virginia politics as Republicans won races for governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, and won back control of the state’s House of Delegates.
Republicans have been on a downhill slide in Virginia since the historically-red state went blue for Barack Obama. Since then Trump and his America First ideology has whittled away at the left-wing monolith which brought economic decline, increased violent crime, and an overall poorer quality of life for the state.
Before Youngkin GOP candidates failed to win a statewide race in Virginia since 2009 and essentially saw their legislative influence melt away ever since.
But now times are different, and Americans are beginning to abandon past negativity about the old war mongering GOP.
They finally realize, as many of us have for years, that America First conservatism is the party of regular, working citizens who demand nothing from government save for common sense policies which enable our great country to in fact be great.
Author: Elizabeth Tierney