The federal government with Joe Biden at the helm has failed to honor its most important duty, which is to protect the American people and the country’s national security.
Allowing unvetted illegal immigrants to pour into the country by the hundreds of thousands is diametrically opposed to ensuring national security and protection of American citizens.
Knowing the lengths to which the Biden administration will go to prioritize ‘wokeness’ over border security – not to mention their tunnel focused way in which they destroy every Trump-era immigration policy – the American people have become accustomed to living in a state of unease.
However, thanks to certain renegade GOP governors, the fight for border security is not lost.
The State of Texas began construction of a State-funded border wall to secure its border with Mexico as the Biden-era migrant crisis continues to grow. During the recently ended Fiscal Year 2021, nearly 70% of all migrant apprehensions along the U.S. southwest border with Mexico occurred in Texas-based border sectors.
🚨Happening NOW in Texas 🇺🇸
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott continuing border wall construction in Rio Grande City, TX. Here’s the first new section being installed. @GovAbbott @KenPaxtonTX 🙏
🎥 @RSBNetwork pic.twitter.com/JrZd337vhV
— Brian Glenn (@brianglenntv) December 18, 2021
During Fiscal Year 2021, which ended on September 30, Border Patrol agents apprehended 1,151,796 migrants who illegally crossed the border between ports of entry in the Rio Grande Valley, Laredo, Del Rio, Big Bend, and El Paso Sectors. Since that time, another 202,937 migrants were apprehended in these same sectors.
The Texas-funded border wall construction project began in the nation’s busiest sector for migrant apprehensions. During November, the latest statistics available, agents in this sector apprehended 47,710 migrants — an increase of more than 175% over the previous November.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott provides an update on the border wall his state is building to combat Biden's border crisis. pic.twitter.com/7iHsJY1cBW
— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) December 18, 2021
Governor Abbott cited “significant action” taken by the state in the absence of the federal government’s inaction. Those include:
- Signing laws that provide $3 billion in funding for Texas’ border security efforts
- Launching Operation Lone Star and deploying thousands of National Guard soldiers and Department of Public Safety troopers
- Creating a system to arrest and jail illegal migrants trespassing or committing other state crimes in Texas
- Signing a budget authorization to build the border wall in Texas
- Signing a law to make it easier to prosecute smugglers bringing people into Texas
- Signing 9 laws cracking down on human trafficking in Texas
- Signing a law enhancing penalties for the manufacturing and distribution of fentanyl
- Issuing a disaster declaration for the border crisis
- Issuing an executive order preventing non-governmental entities from transporting illegal immigrants
- Taking legal action to enforce the Remain in Mexico and Title 42 policies in Texas
In September, the Texas Legislature passed House Bill 9 providing an additional $1.8 billion in state funds for border security. These include funds to construct the State’s border wall project.
Without men like Gov. Abbott, the Biden administration would face virtually zero opposing forces in their plan to import Democrats’ new voter base.
Author: Elizabeth Tierney